Warmer temperatures, golden sunshine, and outdoor activities have a way of making everyone feel a little more upbeat. Introducing summer styles in your home can also be an instant mood lifter.
Give your home a warm glow with these easy, breezy style tips:
- Accessorize: Switch out fabrics and accents with summer colors, trading winter’s burgundy and hunter green with yellow, red, and cobalt. Take down heavy dreary draperies and replace them with sheer, light-colored curtains. Swap out those tired throw pillows for crisp, colorful ones, and drape a boldly colored throw over the sofa. Add decorative fringe, corded edging, and other embellishments for intriguing texture.
- Bring the Outdoors In: It’s simple to add nature-inspired touches with our silk floral arrangements. The artisans of Colorado Style® are always on the lookout for unique designs that offer remarkable realism and bold colors. Many of our arrangements feature reproductions of native Colorado wildflowers, infusing your space with the fresh, natural look of blooms picked right from your backyard. Silk florals are an effortless way to emphasize the colors of your upholstered sofa, wall art, or an area rug.
- Snazzy Paint: Jazz up a tired room with a fresh coat of glowing color, or bring the walls to life with some vibrant artwork. A carefully chosen focal piece can transform a space and add dimension, texture and color.
- Go Light: Swap out heavy comforters and blankets for fresh summer quilts, and replace heavyweight sheets with thin white linens. At Colorado Style®, we offer hundreds of sumptuous fabrics and elegant trimmings, all woven from the finest materials.
- De-Clutter: Make rooms feel more spacious by storing away knickknacks you may have collected over the winter. This will help create the calm, airy feeling we associate with summertime.
- Add a Theme: For a cohesive look and feel, plan your furniture and decorations around a summer theme, such as a Colorado landscape or garden décor.
With a few thoughtful décor touches, you can enjoy the cheer and liveliness of summer even when you’re indoors.