The dining room is a place to gather as a family, to entertain friends, and to enjoy a delicious meal. When it comes to choosing the perfect dining room furniture, you want this space to be comfortable and functional. If style and aesthetics are at the top of your list, a custom dining room table can give you creative control. These gorgeous tables come in a variety of shapes and styles to help you craft the perfect eating area in your home. Before you decide on a custom dining table, read on to learn more about what’s available and how it can improve your eating space.
Kitchen Table Designs
Whether you have an eat-in kitchen or a separate dining room, the table is the anchor of the room. To create the perfect look and feel, you need to explore the various designs that will make this space work for your family. Here are some popular designs you can think about when creating your custom dining room table:
Classic Rectangular Tables:
- These tables feature an elongated shape that’s perfect for large families and entertaining. Some include a drop leaf so you can remove it to save floor space, then add the leaf whenever you need to accommodate more guests.
- Mostly recognized by their unique “trestle” base, these kitchen tables offer a rustic, farmhouse-inspired look to your dining area. They’re usually made of wood and are quite heavy, but they make a nice focal point for any eating space in the home.
Round Pub Tables:
- If you prefer a casual vibe in the kitchen or dining room, tables at a pub-height are ideal. Pair them with tall pub dining stools to enjoy a casual, laid-back eating experience.
Square or Round Tables:
- Both of these shapes are classic in every way, and they’re the perfect choice if you want to save on space. Most round and square tables can fit nicely in a corner, making them perfect for smaller apartments, condos, or cramped dining rooms.
- A modern kitchen table usually has metal or glass implemented into the design. Unusual-shaped tops like an oval or a mid-century modern “amoeba” shape give these tables a distinctive look like no other.
If you want to give your dining room a “wow” factor, custom tabletops are a fantastic choice. These tables come in any shape you can imagine, including round, square, and rectangular. To create your own customized tabletop, you’ll need to determine what material you prefer.
Tabletops come in an array of choices including stone and marble, solid wood, and glass. You should also decide what finish will suit your current décor. For example, a rich cherry or walnut finish looks great in traditional or rustic homes, while black, white, or glass tabletops are excellent choices for modern spaces. Some manufacturers offer samples so you can take some home with you to get a better idea of which material and color will work best. You can add custom tabletops to almost any base you want.
Custom-Made Dining Room Tables
If you want the entire table to be customized, choose your shape and style carefully. Custom round and square dining tables are versatile and will easily work in most spaces for all your dining needs. The sky is the limit when it comes to these tables, so have some fun and create a few different ideas that you can bring to life. Your table’s base doesn’t have to be made of four wooden legs. Get creative and go with something unique like a black metal base or metal finished in sleek metallic silver. Top the table with reclaimed wood in your choice of finish to create a large, unique custom rustic dining table. Rustic tables usually have thick wood tops and are rectangular with the ability to seat at least six or more people.
For those who are short on space, consider a custom extendable dining room table. This will allow you to adjust the tabletop size to serve anywhere from four to eight people depending on the size of the extension. These tables can be challenging to make, but it’s worth the cost if you need something versatile in the dining room. If you’re short on space, consider adding a few drawers under the skirt of the table to give you an extra place for flatware and napkins. With custom dining room tables, you’re only limited by your own imagination.
Dining Table Tips
Before you decide on your custom dining room table, read these helpful tips to help you get the most out of your new furniture:
- Choose a table that’s larger or smaller than your sideboard or hutch so it keeps the dining room visually balanced.
- Pick out matching chairs that will complement the look and style of your new table.
- A dining bench is a great alternative to classic dining chairs. This seating is excellent if you entertain a lot of people or have a large family since you can seat more people on one side of the table than you can with regular chairs.
- Check the size and specs of your custom dining table to make sure it can seat the number of people you need. Most tables seat a minimum of four, but they can be made to accommodate up to 10-12 people in some cases.
Whether it’s rustic or modern, square or round, Colorado Style Home Furnishings offers an impressive selection of beautiful dining room furniture. Shop our current inventory today to find the perfect pieces for your eating and entertaining needs.